The AMSSM Research Committee will facilitate the pursuit of scientific investigations in sports medicine for the purpose of the advancement of the knowledge base in the discipline.
- Oversee the research abstract submission, review, presentation, and award process for the AMSSM Annual Meeting.
- Oversee the AMSSM Foundation Research Grant Award program including proposal, submission, review through the Research Grant Review Committee, and award funding decisions.
- Oversee the AMSSM-ACSM Grant Award program including proposal, submission, review and award funding decisions.
- Oversee the Fellow’s Research Workshop.
- Oversee the Research Workshop Symposium if included at the Annual Meeting.
- Review and approve research studies for distribution to the AMSSM membership for their participation in the study.
- Develop and maintain resources that provide information on potential grant sources and journal options for publication.
- Participate on the Program Committee to organize the research session at the Annual Meeting.
- Develop a model for a Collaborative Research Network to help establish AMSSM as an international leader in the scientific community and the preeminent medical organization conducting multicenter research in sports medicine.
The Research Committee is divided into 5 subcommittees:
- Research Education
- Research Grants
- Research Resources
- Research Website
- Research Abstract Process/Scoring
Each subcommittee will have an appointed sub-committee chair. All members of the Research Committee are required to serve on at least one subcommittee. Research Committee appointments will be a 3-year renewable term for active members provided they actively participate in the function and responsibilities of Committee. Fellows may be a part of the Committee but are not eligible to review research abstracts. Diversity in Committee membership is strongly encouraged.
Research Committee Member List