|Welcome to AMSSM Sports Medcasts, brought to you in association with the British Journal of Sports Medicine (BJSM). The AMSSM would like to thank BJSM for assisting in the production of the Medcasts. Produced frequently throughout the year beginning Summer 2013, Medcasts (i.e. medical podcasts) allow AMSSM members to present clinically relevant sports medicine topics in a concise and entertaining format. To listen, click on the links below.
| AMSSM SPORTS MEDCAST
- AMSSM Position Statement on Injury Prevention with Past President Dr. Margot Putukian
- Shoulder Dislocation with Drs. John Tokish and John Wilckens
- Gluten Sensitivity- Fact or Fad? with Drs. Alessio Fasano and Dana Lis
- Drilling Down into Running Injuries – What They Don’t Teach in Medical School with Drs. Chad Asplund, Past President Bert Fields and Robert Oh
- Three Sports Medicine Legends on Running Injuries, Illness and Footwear with Drs. Chad Asplund, Past President Bert Fields and Robert Oh
- AMSSM Traveling Fellowship (Part 2) with Irfan Asif, MD, Chad Asplund, MD, M. Alison Brooks, MD, MPH, James MacDonald, MD, Past President Doug McKeag, MD, Past President Jim Puffer, MD
- AMSSM Traveling Fellowship (Part 1) with Irfan Asif, MD, Chad Asplund, MD, M. Alison Brooks, MD, MPH, James MacDonald, MD, Past President Doug McKeag, MD, Past President Jim Puffer, MD
- A Deeper Dive into the Female Athlete Triad with Drs. Elizabeth Joy and Aurelia Nattiv
- The Evidence Behind Injection Therapy in Sports Medicine with Dr. Matt Gammons
- Using Ultrasound in Sports Medicine – Office, Sideline and a Wide Range of Options with Dr. Jonathan Finnoff
- Overuse Injuries & Burnout in Youth Sports with Past President Dr. John DiFiori (lead author), Dr. Joel S. Brenner and Dr. Neeru Jayanthi
- The Evidence Behind Injection Therapy in Sports Medicine Drs. Scott Young and Blair Becker discuss the evidence behind injection therapy in Sports Medicine with Past President Dr. Matt Gammons.
- Female Athlete Triad Discussion with Drs. Britt Marcussen, Scott Young, Elizabeth Joy and Aurelia Nattiv
- Journal Club: Clinical Pearls with Drs. Cole Taylor and Scott Young
- Concussion Evaluation and Management with Dr. Jeffrey Kutcher
- Heat Injury with Past President Dr. Fran O'Connor
| CJSM PODCASTS FEATURING AMSSM MEMBERS
- ECG for the PPE? A conversation with Dr. Jonathan Drezner, Past President of AMSSM and lead author of the new AMSSM Position Statement on Cardiovascular Pre-participation Screening. The podcast focuses primarily on the pros and cons of considering the use of ECG for screening to prevent Sudden Cardiac Death and Arrest in young athletes.
- Turf vs. Grass: What field should your girl soccer players be using? With AMSSM member Dr. John O’Kane, head team physician of the University of Washington and lead author of a new study on female youth soccer injuries which looks at the effect of playing surface on injury rates.
- The Effect of Viscosupplementation in the Treatment of Knee Osteoarthritis with Past AMSSM Board of Director, Thomas Trojian, MD, Chief of Sports Medicine at Drexel University, Philadelphia and lead author of the AMSSM Scientific Statement Concerning Viscosupplementation Injections for Knee Osteoarthritis: Importance for Individual Patient Outcomes discusses the new AMSSM Scientific Statement.
- The Wilderness Medicine Issue with AMSSM Past President, Chris Madden, MD, one of the authors of the thematic issue collaboration between American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) and the Wilderness Medical Society, discusses topics from diagnosing acute mountain sickness in pre-verbal children to the top 3 most memorable parts of his year as AMSSM president.
- Sports Ultrasound: A Powerful Resource for Sports Medicine Clinicians with American Medical Society of Sports Medicine (AMSSM) member Jonathan Finnoff, DO, lead author of two AMSSM sports ultrasound position statements.
- Advancing the Preparticipation Evaluation: A Conversation with Dr. William Roberts the lead author of a new consensus statement on the Preparticipation evaluation (PPE), jointly issued by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) and the International Federation of Sports Medicine (FIMS). Dr. Roberts discusses how the PPE may be enhanced to provide more useful information and better clinical care.
- Concussion in Elite Soccer: Can We Improve Return-to-play Decision-making? with American Medical Society of Sports Medicine guests Drs. Cindy Chang and Matthew Gammons. This podcast explores the concussion incidents occurring in 2014 FIFA World Cup.
- Athletes with Chiari Malformations: Risk of Catastrophic Injury is Low: A conversation with William P. Meehan III, the lead author of new, original research on Chiari malformations in athletes. This evidence-based study found no catastrophic injuries in a large sample of athletes with the malformation; the results may change how clinicians manage such athletes.
| BJSM PODCASTS FEATURING AMSSM MEMBERS