|BECOME A RESIDENT MEMBER|
Resident Physicians currently in an accredited allopathic or osteopathic residency program with a strong interest in sports medicine. Resident members may not serve on the Board and may not vote in Elections.
|AMSSM SMRC (Sports Medicine Resident Council)|
|Eligibility: Interested residents must be an AMSSM Resident member to either nominate themselves OR nominated by another AMSSM member for one of the council positions.|
You must be logged into the AMSSM website to access the nomination link.
About AMSSM Sports Medicine Resident Council
The AMSSM Board of Directors approved the formation of the SMRC (Sports Medicine Resident Council) to engage Resident members and increase their involvement in the AMSSM. The seven-member council of nationally elected officers consists of five resident representatives (one from each primary specialty) along with a SMRC President and a Communications Representative each serving a one-year term (January through December) governing the SMRC with a focus on developing, sustaining and advocating on behalf of all trainees interested in sports medicine.
|JOURNAL CLUB BLOG|
More information forthcoming.
|RESIDENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARD|
The AMSSM Foundation has authorized the Scholarship Program to provide assistance for residents to attend the AMSSM 2019 Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held April 12-17, 2019 at the Marriot Marquis Hotel in Houston, TX. This award is given annually to the residents who best demonstrate a commitment to a career in Sports Medicine. Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Membership Committee and decisions will be emailed in Mid-February, 2019.Resident/Student Scholarship Application — You must be logged into the AMSSM website to access the Resident Scholarship link. — DEADLINE: JANUARY 4, 2019 AT 11:00AM CENTRAL TIME
|RESIDENT RESOURCES - HELPFUL LINKS|
|A road map to a sports medicine fellowship (information on becoming a sports medicine fellow).|
|APPLYING FOR A SPORTS MEDICINE FELLOWSHIP AND INFORMATION ON THE MATCH – FAQ|
1) What type of residency should I choose to be eligible for primary care sports medicine fellowships?
2) How do I research individual fellowships?
3) How do I decide which programs to apply?
4) Does accreditation matter? How do I find out about accreditation?
5) What are the important dates to remember?
DECEMBER: NRMP rank order list deadline
BEGINNING OF JANUARY: Match Day
6) How do I sign up for the match?
7) Are all fellowship programs included in the match?
8) Is there an electronic application process like ERAS for residency?
9) How do I strengthen my application?
10) Should I do an away rotation?
11) I'm a PM&R Resident how do I prepare for a Fellowship Application? Click here for more information.
|HOW TO MATCH IN SPORTS MEDICINE – RECOMMENDED ACTIVITIES|
American Medical Society of Sports Medicine (AMSSM):
BENEFITS OF RESIDENT MEMBERSHIP