|AMSSM SMRC (Sports Medicine Resident Council)|
|SMRC OFFICER ELECTION|
Online Election of the 2018 AMSSM SMRC Officers will be held over a two-week period in January 2018.Voting Eligibility: AMSSM Resident members only. AMSSM Resident members will receive a link to the online candidate bios/election ballot and will only be allowed to vote once. Residents that join as AMSSM Resident members during this voting period will be sent the link to the online voting ballot. The 2018 SMRC Officers will serve a one-year term (January – December).
About AMSSM Sports Medicine Resident Council
The AMSSM Board of Directors approved the formation of the SMRC (Sports Medicine Resident Council) to engage Resident members and increase their involvement in the AMSSM. The seven-member council of nationally elected officers consists of five resident representatives (one from each primary specialty) along with a SMRC President and a Communications Representative each serving a one-year term (January through December) governing the SMRC with a focus on developing, sustaining and advocating on behalf of all trainees interested in sports medicine.
|Resident Scholarship Application|
The AMSSM Foundation Resident Scholarship application submission is now closed. The application reviews will be completed and notifications will be sent out by late February 2018.
|AMSSM Resident Presentation|
A road map to a Sports Medicine Fellowship
|AMSSM Frequently Asked Questions|
1) What type of residency should I choose to be eligible for primary care sports medicine fellowships?
2) How do I research individual fellowships?
3) How do I decide which programs to apply?
4) Does accreditation matter? How do I find out about accreditation?
5) What are the important dates to remember?
DECEMBER: NRMP rank order list deadline
BEGINNING OF JANUARY: Match Day
6) How do I sign up for the match?
7) Are all fellowship programs included in the match?
8) Is there an electronic application process like ERAS for residency?
9) How do I strengthen my application?
10) Should I do an away rotation?
11) I'm a PM&R Resident how do I prepare for a Fellowship Application? Click here for more information.
|How to Match in Sports Medicine - Recommended Activities|
American Medical Society of Sports Medicine (AMSSM):
|Resident Membership Application|
You may submit your application securely online through the AMSSM website. Click on the Membership link on the left navbar, choose the Resident Membership Application link and complete the required information.
If you have attended an AMSSM Annual Meeting or any other AMSSM sponsored conference, please email Joan Brown and she will email or fax the forms to you.