The AMSSM Foundation has authorized the Scholarship Program to provide assistance for residents to attend the AMSSM 26th Annual Meeting. The meeting will be held May 8-13, 2017, at the Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego, CA. This award is given annually to the residents who best demonstrate a commitment to a career in Sports Medicine. Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Membership Committee and decisions will be emailed in Mid-February, 2017.
The Annual Meeting for the AMSSM is the prime event for interaction, education and exchange of ideas in the treatment of the athlete or active individual. The purpose of the scholarship program is to provide assistance to resident members who want to participate in the Annual Meeting.
- You must be a member of AMSSM to apply.
- The award will be given to a qualified resident who is planning a career in Sports Medicine.
- The award will recognize a resident who demonstrates skill, ability and interest in Sports Medicine. Recipients of the Resident Scholarship awards will receive $500.00, complimentary attendance at the AMSSM Annual Meeting (general sessions) and a plaque presented during the AMSSM Business Meeting.
- Selection will be based on strength of the applicant's personal statement and sponsorship by an AMSSM Member.
- Residents must be an AMSSM Member.
- Sponsorship from an AMSSM member.
- The Personal Statement area on the Application must outline the following:
- Sports medicine experience during residency
- Commitment to a career in sports medicine
- Goals for the future
To access the AMSSM Resident Scholarship Application you will need to be logged into the AMSSM Website and click here.
For more information, contact the AMSSM office via email or at 913-327-1415.
TIPS FOR TROUBLE FREE SUBMISSIONS
Only submit your form from Internet Explorer Web Browser. Firefox and Safari have issues with submission forms.