|NEW AMSSM FOUNDATION STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION (Deadline: January 5, 2018)|
|Medical Student Scholarship submission is now closed. Notifications will be sent out in late February 2018.|
|AMSSM Medical Student Interest Group|
You must be an AMSSM Student Member (logged in through "Member Log-in") to register and view these free "LIVE" webinars.
Sports Medicine Informational Webinar Sessions for Medical Students (AMSSM Student Members Only): PLEASE NOTE: Webinar will work best if you use the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox as your Web Browser.
AMSSM Student Members: Registration is now available for this free webinar. You must be logged into the AMSSM website to access past webinar links located on this page.
|Upcoming Webinar (Pre-Registration Required): TBD Later this Fall|
|Past Webinars (Member Only Webinars Require Login to Access Link)|
• August 31, 2017 – August 31, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. CT: Overhead Throwing Injuries and Prevention
• April 25, 2017 – Use of Biologics for Treating Tendinopathies: More Than the "Shazam" Factor? Coming Soon
• October 27, 2016 – Olympics & Paralympics: The Role of the Sports Medicine Physician
• March 22, 2016 – Understanding Female Athlete Triad: Evaluation, Diagnosis and Treatment
• September 9, 2015 – Sport-Related Concussions: To Hit or Not to Hit
|• Mar 31, 2015 – What is Sports Medicine?|
|Faculty Advisor/Contact to Medical School Sports Medicine Interest Groups|
|• Faculty Advisor/Faculty Contact for a Medical School Sports Medicine Interest Group|
|• MSIG Outreach Letter Non-Student Member|
|• AMSSM Faculty Champion (WORD Doc)|
|• AMSSM Faculty Champion (PDF)|
|Medical Students - Helpful Links|
|Start Up Guide for Sports Medicine Interest Groups|
|Online Student Membership Application|
|PDF Application Student Membership|
|Medical Student Guide: Preparing for Residency and a Sports Medicine Fellowship|
|AMSSM patient website: Sports Medicine Today|
|AMSSM Sports Medicine Brochures — Click Here|
|Charter Medical School Registration Form|
|For the Word version click here|
|For the PDF version click here|
|AMSSM Frequently Asked Questions|
1) What type of residency should I choose to be eligible for primary care sports medicine fellowships?
2) How do I decide which programs to apply?
3) What are the important dates to remember?
DECEMBER: NRMP rank order list deadline
BEGINNING OF JANUARY: Match Day
4) How do I sign up for the match?
5) Is there an electronic application process like ERAS for residency?
6) How do I strengthen my application?
|Resident Membership Application|
You may submit your application securely online through the AMSSM website. Click on the Membership link on the left navbar, choose the Resident Membership Application link and complete the required information.
If you have attended an AMSSM Annual Meeting or any other AMSSM sponsored conference, please contact Joan Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will email or fax the forms to you.