|BECOME A STUDENT MEMBER|
AMSSM Student membership category is for current medical students in good standing at an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical schools with an interest in sports medicine. Student members may not serve on the Board and may not vote in Elections.
STUDENT MEMBER BENEFITS
|AMSSM MSIG (MEDICAL STUDENT INTEREST GROUP)|
Must login to register/attend free "LIVE" as well as view previously recorded webinars.
Sports Medicine Informational Webinar Sessions for Medical Students (AMSSM Student Members Only): PLEASE NOTE: Webinar will work best if you use the latest version of Google Chrome or Firefox as your Web Browser. |
AMSSM Student Members: You must be logged into the AMSSM website to access past webinar links located on this page.
Upcoming Webinar (Pre-Registration Required): More information coming in late Fall.
|• Mar 31, 2015 – What is Sports Medicine? – Webinar following a Q&A format featuring a physician panel from three primary specialties (family medicine, emergency medicine and pediatrics).|
|Previously Recorded Webinars (Member Only Webinars Require Login to Access Link)|
• October 2, 2018 – Introduction to Sports Ultrasound presented by Douglas Hoffman, MD
• June 14, 2018 – The Effect of an Anti-Doping Program on Professional Baseball and the Effect of Research & Rule Changes on Concussions in Baseball presented by Gary Green, MD
• August 31, 2017 – Overhead Throwing Injuries and Prevention
• April 25, 2017 – Use of Biologics for Treating Tendinopathies: More Than the "Shazam" Factor? Coming Soon
• October 27, 2016 – Olympics & Paralympics: The Role of the Sports Medicine Physician
• March 22, 2016 – Understanding Female Athlete Triad: Evaluation, Diagnosis and Treatment
• September 9, 2015 – Sport-Related Concussions: To Hit or Not to Hit
|CHARTER MEDICAL SCHOOLS REGISTRATION FORM|
|Connect your medical school sports medicine interest group with the AMSSM MSIG to become affiliated with a national organization and share ideas with other sports medicine interest groups around the country.|
|Register your medical school sports medicine interest group as a Charter Medical School to connect with the MSIG:|
|For the Word version click here|
|For the PDF version click here|
|FACULTY CHAMPIONS (Faculty Advisor/Faculty Contact to Medical School Sports Medicine Interest Group)|
|The AMSSM MSIG Officers are trying to identify Faculty Advisors/Contacts who are connected with a Medical School Sports Medicine Interest Group. If you serve in this role, please become a Faculty Champion to connect with the AMSSM MSIG.|
|• Information on becoming a Faculty Champion|
|• Register as a Faculty Champion:
▫ AMSSM Faculty Champion (WORD Doc)
▫ AMSSM Faculty Champion (PDF)
|MEDICAL STUDENT SCHOLARSHIP AWARD (Deadline: January 4, 2019)|
|The AMSSM Foundation offers one Medical Student Scholarship Award made possible through the Galen Society Medical Student Scholarship fund. This award will be given annually to help support a medical student interested in a career in sports medicine attend the AMSSM Annual Meeting. Scholarship recipients will be selected by the Membership Committee to a Student member who best demonstrates a commitment to a career in sports medicine.|
The recipient will receive complimentary registration to the AMSSM Annual Meeting, a $500 cash award to assist with travel expenses and an award plaque presented to the recipient at the AMSSM Annual Meeting.
You must be logged into the AMSSM website to access the Student Scholarship link.
|STUDENT RESOURCES – HELPFUL LINKS|
|Medical Student Guide: Preparing for Residency and a Sports Medicine Fellowship|
|AMSSM patient website: Sports Medicine Today|
|AMSSM Sports Medicine Brochures — Click Here|
|APPLYING FOR A SPORTS MEDICINE FELLOWSHIP AND INFORMATION ON THE MATCH — FAQ|
1) What type of residency should I choose to be eligible for primary care sports medicine fellowships?
2) How do I decide which programs to apply?
3) What are the important dates to remember?
DECEMBER: NRMP rank order list deadline
BEGINNING OF JANUARY: Match Day
4) How do I sign up for the match?
5) Is there an electronic application process like ERAS for residency?
6) How do I strengthen my application?