|AMSSM FOUNDATION RESEARCH GRANTS
||The AMSSM Foundation offers a variety of Research Grants to AMSSM members conducting research within the field of sports medicine. The research grant awards are available only to AMSSM members. Other sports medicine researchers may be involved with the applications but the primary investigator must be an AMSSM member. Members who are interested in completing an application must be logged into the AMSSM site. The link to the grant applications, additional information and instructions are restricted to members only and viewing the link requires you to be logged into AMSSM.
View My Grant Applications
- NEW** AMSSM Minority Research Grant Award – DEADLINE: 2/15/2021
AMSSM is excited to announce a new research grant opportunity geared specifically for researchers identifying as underrepresented minorities. This research grant award will replace the previous Clinical Research Grant. This restructured grant builds on the efforts and priorities of the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Presidential Task Force. More information will be released later this Fall with an anticipated due date of February 15, 2021.
- AMSSM Young Investigator's Research Grant Awards – ($15,000 annually max award $5,000) —
- The purpose of these awards is to support research projects initiated by AMSSM members 5 years or less out of fellowship. Research grant proposals that investigate issues within the broad discipline of sports medicine, including clinical practice, injury prevention and rehabilitation, basic science, epidemiology and education are welcomed. The primary investigator of the grant must be an AMSSM member at the time of grant submission. A young investigator is defined as 5 years or less since completion of sports medicine fellowship training. Current AMSSM fellow and resident members are eligible to apply. Resident AMSSM members may apply as the principal investigator but must have at least one full AMSSM member listed as a co-investigator at the time of application.
- AMSSM Foundation Research Grant Awards – ($50,000 annually, maximum award $25,000) —
- The purpose of the AMSSM Foundation Research Grant Award program is to foster original scientific investigations by members of AMSSM. Research proposals that investigate issues within the broad discipline of sports medicine will be considered, including clinical practice, injury prevention and rehabilitation, basic science, epidemiology and education. To be eligible, the primary investigator must be an AMSSM member. The grant application, additional instructions and information will be available in the summer of the grant year.
- CRN Grant Awards – ($300,000 award, available when funded) —
- AMSSM and its Collaborative Research Network have awarded one $300,000 research grant to support quality, multi-site research seeking to address key priority areas within the field of sports medicine. The grant was funded by AMSSM and the AMSSM Foundation and was open to all AMSSM members, who were encouraged to connect with collaborators both within and outside of AMSSM. The grant was intended as seed money to provide data for major external grants to follow. In alignment with the mission of the CRN, proposals were required to include two or more sites. Additional Grant Awards are expected to become open in future years. You must be logged in to access the Grant Application.
Funding request will include:
- AMSSM member
- Accepted by USBJI Young Investigators Initiative Grant Mentoring Workshop Program (Jan. 15 and July 15 deadlines).
- Grant request must be submitted to AMSSM Research Chair before attending conference ([email protected]) - (no post- attendance grant requests).
- Once applicant has been accepted to the program they may apply for the Grant funding. Acceptance generally occurs within 60 days of the application cycle.
- Documentation from USBJI of program acceptance
- A letter for a request for Grant funds
- A copy of the USBJI application
- 2 Letters of reference
- One or two page document with program title, and outline of a proposed grant application, to include the question, specific aims, and a brief description of research strategy, making sure to note applicant's name
- Funding requests will be reviewed by the Research Committee Chair, Abstract Sub-committee chair and one at large member.
- Notification of results will occur within 30 days of the Grant application
- Accepted application will be reimbursed for travel, lodging and meals up to $2500 total for both spring and fall meetings) with submission of receipts within 30 days of the meeting. (Dates change by the year)