- AMSSM Young Investigator's Research Grant Awards – ($15,000 annually max award $5,000) — DEADLINE: 10/8/2019
- The purpose of these awards is to support research projects initiated by AMSSM members 5 years or less out of fellowship. Research grant proposals that investigate issues within the broad discipline of sports medicine, including clinical practice, injury prevention and rehabilitation, basic science, epidemiology and education are welcomed. The primary investigator of the grant must be an AMSSM member at the time of grant submission. A young investigator is defined as 5 years or less since completion of sports medicine fellowship training. Current AMSSM fellow and resident members are eligible to apply. Resident AMSSM members may apply as the principal investigator but must have at least one full AMSSM member listed as a co-investigator at the time of application.
- AMSSM Foundation Research Grant Awards – ($50,000 annually, maximum award $25,000) — DEADLINE: 11/5/2019
- The purpose of the AMSSM Foundation Research Grant Award program is to foster original scientific investigations by members of AMSSM. Research proposals that investigate issues within the broad discipline of sports medicine will be considered, including clinical practice, injury prevention and rehabilitation, basic science, epidemiology and education. To be eligible, the primary investigator must be an AMSSM member. The grant application, additional instructions and information will be available in the summer of the grant year.
- AMSSM-ACSM Clinical Research Grant Award – ($20,000 annually for single award) — DEADLINE: 2/14/2020
This grant is supported annually with $10,000 from the AMSSM Foundation and $10,000 from ACSM Foundation. The purpose of the AMSSM-ACSM Clinical Research Grant Award is to foster original scientific investigations with a strong clinical focus among physician members of AMSSM and the ACSM. The primary investigator must be a physician and a member of AMSSM and ACSM. The maximum total grant is $20,000, which will be awarded to a single research proposal for the initial maximum time period of a two-year grant cycle. Completed grant applications must be submitted by the second Friday, in February.
- CRN Multi-Site Grant Awards – ($300,000 multi-site award, available when funded) — DEADLINE: TBA
AMSSM and its Collaborative Research Network have awarded one $300,000 multi-site research grant to support quality, multi-site research seeking to address key priority areas within the field of sports medicine. The grant was funded by AMSSM and the AMSSM Foundation and was open to all AMSSM members, who were encouraged to connect with collaborators both within and outside of AMSSM. The grant was intended as seed money to provide data for major external grants to follow. In alignment with the mission of the CRN, proposals were required to include two or more sites. Additional Multi-Site Grant Awards are expected to become open in future years.
- CRN Shark Tank Grant Awards – ($25,000 single award, available when funded) — DEADLINE: TBA
- AMSSM and its CRN have awarded one $25,000 Shark Tank research grant through a competitive application process tied to the AMSSM Annual Meeting. AMSSM members are invited to submit Letters of Intent for a project that addresses key priority areas within the field of sports medicine and has promise to grow into a multi-site study. Finalists are invited to submit full proposals prior to the Annual Meeting and will have an opportunity to present their proposal to the membership during a mainstage Shark Tank session. The mainstage Shark Tank session provides the opportunity for finalists to share their proposals and answer questions posed by a panel of sharks and audience members. The award winner is determined by a combination of audience votes, shark votes and recommendations from a scientific review committee. The winner is announced prior to the conclusion of the Annual Meeting.
Funding request will include:
- AMSSM member
- Accepted by USBJI Young Investigators Initiative Grant Mentoring Workshop Program (Jan. 15 and July 15 deadlines).
- Grant request must be submitted to AMSSM Research Chair before attending conference (firstname.lastname@example.org) - (no post- attendance grant requests).
- Once applicant has been accepted to the program they may apply for the Grant funding. Acceptance generally occurs within 60 days of the application cycle.
- Documentation from USBJI of program acceptance
- A letter for a request for Grant funds
- A copy of the USBJI application
- 2 Letters of reference
- One or two page document with program title, and outline of a proposed grant application, to include the question, specific aims, and a brief description of research strategy, making sure to note applicant's name
- Funding requests will be reviewed by the Research Committee Chair, Abstract Sub-committee chair and one at large member.
- Notification of results will occur within 30 days of the Grant application
- Accepted application will be reimbursed for travel, lodging and meals up to $2500 total for both spring and fall meetings) with submission of receipts within 30 days of the meeting. (Dates change by the year)