2017 AMSSM Annual Meeting
REGISTER & PAY BY CREDIT CARD OR CHECK
Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego
Monday, 5/8/17 through Saturday, 5/13/17
San Diego, CA
Click here for the 2017 AMSSM 26th Annual Meeting Program
Hotel Room Block
The room block for the Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego is full. Alternate hotel option is now available. However due to cancellations, please feel free to check back often with the Manchester Grand Hyatt for updated room availability.
Click here to view information regarding the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel Accommodations
Click here to view Alternate Hotel Accommodations
AMSSM Fellowship Fair Booth Registration
Based on positive feedback from almost 300 Resident and Student members and just over 100 fellowship programs that participated in last year’s Fellowship Fair in Dallas, TX, AMSSM will host the 6th Annual Fellowship Fair during the 2017 Annual Meeting in San Diego, CA. The Fellowship Fair will provide students and residents a chance to interact with fellowship programs. The Fellowship Fair will take place on Friday, May 12, inside the Exhibit Hall during Continental Breakfast from 7:00 a.m. – 7:50 a.m. and during the refreshment breaks at 9:55 a.m. – 10:25 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. (exhibits will end on Thursday). Click here to register and read more information.
2017 Sports US for Sports Med. Fellowship Faculty: Core Skills & Curriculum Implementation Course
*Available only to Fellowship Directors, Assistant Fellowship Directors and Fellowship Faculty –
Separate online registration form and fee required.
Attendees of this course must also be registrants of the Annual Meeting.
This is a two-day session – registrants for this course are required to attend both days.
DAY 1 — FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017 • 4:00pm-7:30pm
DAY 2 — SATURDAY, MAY 13, 2017 • 7:00am-12:00pm
The focus of this two-session course is to prepare sports medicine fellowship faculty to successfully implement the AMSSM recommended sports ultrasound curriculum. Each of the body region stations will cover both diagnostic scan checklist and injection setup/target acquisition for the respective body region. Needle tracking skills will be practiced at the phantom stations.
PRE-REQUISITES TO COMPLETE PRIOR TO THIS COURSE
- View all of the AMSSM Sports Ultrasound Online Didactics
- Practice diagnostic and interventional ultrasound skills in preparation for the course
COURSE MATERIALS: Fellow assessment forms, sample dictations and Recommended Sports US Curriculum for Sports Medicine Fellowships article (includes learning objectives, scanning checklist, list of core pathology and procedures, list of additional resources and description of didactic sessions).
To register for this course CLICK HERE.
AMSSM Foundation 6th Annual Silent Auction
AMSSM Service Project Information
The AMSSM Foundation invites all AMSSM members to arrive in San Diego a day earlier on April 8, 2017 to participate in the AMSSM Annual Meeting Humanitarian Service Project. This project is part of the Foundation's Impacting Lives: Why We Give Back Initiative. CLICK HERE for more information on this project and how to register.
AMSSM Mentor Project
The Mentor Project has been created to match Mentors and Mentees by their primary specialty, year of residency/medical school and the day/time preferences for availability during the Annual Meeting.
- For more information & to register as a Mentor, please CLICK HERE
- For more information & to register as a Mentee, please CLICK HERE
If you are an AMSSM member and have already registered for this course but would like to add Optional Events to your registration, login to the AMSSM website and Click Here to pull up the My Conferences page.
- Locate the conference you would like add additional events and click on the the My Addons>> link for that conference. This page displays all the “Add Ons/Events” you are currently registered to participate in for that conference.
- Next, to add the event(s) to your registration, just click on the green plus sign located next to Conference Add Ons .
- You will be directed to a page displaying all additional Add Ons/Events available for you to add to your registration.
- Choose the Add Ons/Event(s) you would like to register for and click .
- Finally, you will be directed to a payment screen to enter your payment information.
- Once payment is completed, you will be sent an email confirmation of your added events.
SOLD OUT EVENTS
- Advanced Sports Ultrasound Pre-Conference
- All One-On-One Customized US Learning Workshops (MSK and Non-MSK Related)
- #Y1: Yoga Class
- #Y2: Yoga Class
- #Y3: Yoga Class
- #1 ICL: SPORTS US – Sports US of Gluteal Pain
- #2 ICL: SPORTS US – Sports US of the Groin
- ECG WORKSHOP: Common ECG Interpretation Challenges in Screen Athletes
- #4 ICL: FACULTY DEVELOPMENT – Teaching and Learning – What Works, What Doesn't and Why
- #11 ICL: SPORTS US – Sports US of the Elbow
- #12 ICL: FACULTY DEVELOPMENT – Research, Scholarship and Publications – Starting Strategies for Success
- Ossur Americas – Managing Knee and Hip OA
- Sonex Health – Revolutionalizing the Care of CTS Patients with the SX-One MicroKnife™
- #19 ICL: SPORTS US – Billing, Coding and Economics of Sports Ultrasound
- #20 ICL: FACULTY DEVELOPMENT – Fantastic Fellows – Recruiting, Selecting and Enculturating for Optimal Fit
- #29 ICL: Advanced Post-Concussive Headache – Management & Overview of Injections, Interventions, Medications & Therapy for Treatment
REGISTER & PAY BY CREDIT CARD OR CHECK