AMSSM maintains partnerships with a number of organizations and collaborations including:
- Advanced Team Physician Course - AMSSM, the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Orthopaedic Society of Sports Medicine host this collaborative meeting each December.
- AIUM - American Institute for Ultrasound Medicine - AMSSM provides an official representative to participate in the meetings of the AIUM.
- AMSSM/AOASM Case Studies Teaching Tool - Collaborative effort between AMSSM and the American Osteopathic Academy of Sports Medicine.
- CDC Heads Up to Clinicians Concussion Course - AMSSM members played a key role in the development of this course, which has been endorsed by AMSSM.
- Concussion Webinar hosted by Wolters Kluwer Health (LWW/CJSM).
- Exercise is Medicine - a multi-stakeholder collaborative initiative seeking to make physical activity and exercise a standard part of a global disease prevention and treatment medical paradigm. Initiative led by ACSM.
- Exchange Lectures - ACSM, AOSSM, National Athletic Trainers' Association - AMSSM and these organizations provide lectures at each other's Annual Meetings to share science and expertise with sports medicine colleagues.
- The Injury Prevention Group, part of the larger National Conference of State Legislatures, is a bipartisan organization that serves the legislators and staffs of the nation's 50 states, its commonwealths and territories. AMSSM will be participating in the NCSL Legislative Summit and has worked with NCSL to offer our members' expertise in sports medicine issues, and our potential ability to provide NCSL with educational and informational materials and expert testimony.
- Joint Commission on Sports Medicine and Science - multi-organization collaborative forum designed to advance sports medicine by lacing together, through informal liaison and joint ventures, the nation's leading organizations in sports medicine and sports science.
- National Coalition on Youth Sport Concussion, whose goals include the education and mobilization of our respective organizations' members at the national and state levels, to advocate for state laws and provide an infrastructure for implementation and sustainability following passage.
- NATA Inter-Association Task Force: Preventing Sudden Death in Sport by Addressing Strength and Conditioning Sessions.
- NCAA Cardiac Fact Sheets: AMSSM had a key role in the writing of this document, which has been endorsed by AMSSM.
- OA Action Alliance, an initiative of the CDC and the Arthritis Foundation, and more than 40 other national organizations to promote effective policy solutions to prevent OA.
- STOP Sports Injuries - campaign that was created by a coalition of organizations and corporations to help prevent athletic overuse and trauma injuries in kids. Initiative led by AOSSM.
- Team Physician Consensus Statements - This statement was developed by a collaboration of six major professional associations concerned about clinical sports medicine issues; who have committed to forming an ongoing project-based alliance to bring together sports medicine organizations to best serve active people and athletes. The organizations are: American Academy of Family Physicians, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, ACSM, AMSSM, AOASM and AOSSM.
- United States Bone and Joint Initiative - The Bone and Joint Decade is a global, multi-disciplinary initiative targeting the care of people with musculoskeletal conditions--bone and joint disorders.
- The Value in Musculoskeletal Care Summit - AMSSM participated in this initiative with multiple stakeholders to engage in dialogue on critical issues in the musculoskeletal arena.
- Chronic Osteoarthritis Management Initiative - AMSSM is part of a USBJI working group that seeks to reshape the current practice paradigm of osteoarthritis in order to improve patient outcomes and patients' experience of care in our healthcare system. This project would be seen as running in tandem with and/or sharing joint projects with the OA Action Alliance, etc.
- Youth Sports Safety Alliance - Multi-organization collaborative committed to the prevention of catastrophic injuries and death in young athletes. Hosted by NATA, AMSSM has participated in multiple Youth Sports Safety Summits in Washington, D.C.
Organizational Liasions - AMSSM maintains Organization Liaisons with the following medical and sports medicine organizations and sports leagues: AAFP, AAP, AAPMR, ACC, ACEP, ACP, ACSM, ACSP, AHA, AOASM, AOSSM, APTA, BASEM, CASEM, MLB, NATA, NCAA, NFL, NHSF, NOCSAE, NSCA, USA Hockey, USA Wrestling, USADA, USOC
In addition, AMSSM partners with Fellowship programs, hospitals and medical groups to provide educational programs and conferences.